About Ratko Solar
I am a 25 years old passionate Fullstack Web Developer based in Stockholm, Sweden (originally from Serbia) who enjoys building software. Very positive and highly motivated person with over 7 years of experience in building beautiful websites, web and mobile applications with a stronger focus on the frontend technologies.
Right now I work as a Software Engineer at Nordnet Bank AB, trying to make investing and saving money easier for all people in the Nordic countries.
Outside work I really enjoy cooking delicious food, playing chess and video games, rewatching Marvel movies and lifting heavy weights :).
Most used technologies
- November 2020 - PresentStockholm
Software Engineer - Nordnet Bank AB
- Took part in building and releasing the mortgage application project for Swedish market.
- Helped another team with meeting the deadline for introducing brand new pension account (EPK) for Norwegian market.
- Currently working in a full-stack/devops team responsible for deposits, withdrawals and internal transfers with a goal to make moving money easy and simple for our customers.
- May 2019 - October 2020Stockholm
Frontend Developer - Studi Sverige AB
- Introduced unit/integration/e2e testing into our daily workflow which greatly reduced the amount of bugs in all of our products
- Developed and implemented a translation tool into our CI pipeline which automates the process of UI translations and reduces the responsibility of the dev team.
- Setup a strategy for gradually moving our main app from AngularJS to React which allowed us to hire junior React developers without any AngularJS knowledge.
- Identified and solved a lot of performance issues with our internal app for importing users from excel spreadsheets which reduced the scripting time from 2 minutes to just a couple of milliseconds.
- Improved all our front-end infrastructure by moving from Apache servers to AWS S3 and Cloudfront.
- Learned about DevOps which enabled me to take on-call responsibility and offload our Ops backlog.
- May 2018 - May 2019Remote
Fullstack Web Developer - Perfected App
- Built a role based REST API, admin panel and client side web app for the online academy implementing features like purchasing and taking courses, completing exams and receiving grades.
- Designed and developed a 10+ pages mobile app in Flutter for both Android & IOS.
- Rewrote the company WordPress website with React/GatsbyJS improving performance, security and SEO.
- Used Node.js to build the CLI automation tool for converting PDF books to JSON/Image based format used by internal platforms.
- June 2017 - May 2018Remote
Frontend Developer - Perfected App
- Utilized Ionic to develop a 40+ views, bidirectional (i18n) payment platform app that works with 6 different languages.
- Developed an Angular/CreateJS platform for playing animated books for children exported from Adobe Animate.
- Built an ebook reader web and mobile app using Angular and Epub.js.
- February 2015 - June 2017Remote
Frontend Developer - Perfected Tech
- Coordinated with a small team on building multiple single page web applications based on AngularJS and Node.js.
- Demonstrated the ability to learn and apply new technologies.
- Excelled in delivering high quality and cross-browser UI/UX.
- May 2013 - February 2015Freelance
Web designer & developer - Independent Contractor
- Completed over 30 projects and held a 5 star rating on Elance, the freelancing platform (predecessor of Upwork).
- Worked with a team of designers and back end developers on building ThemeForest HTML templates and WordPress themes.
- Assisted multiple companies from all over the world in building and maintaining their online presence.